COGNE ACCIAI SPECIALI S.P.A., a global producer of stainless steel and nickel alloys long products, decided to replace the existing Furnace loading system with a faster, more flexible and more reliable one, with a tailored and turn-key project solution fully provided by NCO, including the removal of the old system and the completely new installation, which covered the mechanical, electrical, safety and automation equipment, along with the proprietary software.
In this way, Cogne Acciai Speciali was able to adapt the production facility to the new needs of the market, stricter in quality, and shorter in production time, allowing for:
- Possibility of handling billets with great dimensional deviations as compared to the standard
- Scratch-free billet handling
- Fast furnace charging at each heat changing, while creating the buffer
- Fully automatic operation
- Operator safety enhancement
MAIN TECHNICAL DATA
Furnace productivity 60 t/h
Billet section 89x89 - 160x160 mm
Billet length 3,5 - 7,1 m
Billet weight 1.500 kg max.
Billet bundle weight 20 ton
Performed cycle time 25 - 32 sec.
NCO’s SUPPLY INCLUDED:
- Dismantling and new machines Erection
- Unscrambling device
- Feeding Roller ways
- Billet quick transferring device and buffering chain transfers
- Billet pick-up, rotating and weighing system
- Rejecting system
- Furnace entry roller way
- Billet length measuring device and QR code reading system
- Hydraulic and lubrication systems
- Pre-fabricated interconnecting piping
- Safety fencing and related Safety PLC system
- Motors, sensors and instruments
- NCO automation system for process technology and equipment control.